Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Surrealism !

'Racing into bad weather' by: Jillian Bulger
 In my surrealistic picture, I used a tornado storm sky for the background and a canyon cliff as the foreground land image.In the background behind the cliff into the sky you can see my clock. I took this picture and dropped the opacity then placed it behind the cliff to blend into the picture. Instead of using a regular egg i chose to do a chocolate kinder surprise egg with a clock inside as the surprise. The race car is used on the canyon because i thought the lines on the rock looked like a road. I used a finish line for my horizontal piece instead of a lamp post object. All together I do not like the overall outcome of this picture. I feel like it is all over the place and does not have a specific story or meaning .

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this is actually a very nicely balanced piece of work. The swoop of the "raceway" balances the tornado. I also like how you kept the colour palette minimal with the orange/yellow ground and the grey tones in the sky. The checkered flag looks a bit pasted on but the clock in the sky is very subtle and the kinder egg is fun.

    Rather than calling this "Racing Into Bad Weather" which is very literal, I want to push you to think in more symbolic terms. "Racing Against Time" might be more interesting. The car is a human soul racing through life, with the storm of mortality hovering on the horizon. the clock is ticking as our life ebbs away, blah, blah blah You see how it's done? Tell a story.

    ReplyDelete