Friday, October 1, 2010

Advent poster !

I took a picture with a camera of the scenery setup in class. I used 'fresco' filter to make it look the way it does. I also added a lens flare in the top right corner to add a glowing affect. Then i made green boxes behind the main words(keeping christ in christmas). i changed the opacity behind the boxes so that it wasn't to over-powering. I then added the WCDSB sign. I took all the white colouring from behind the logo and added a white box on another layer. I changed the opacity on the layer with the white box. For my bible passage i used Luke1:35. I made 2 layers for this , one in green , and one in white. I over-lapped these layers to make it look like a shadow.

Luke 1:35And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy–the Son of God.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, I love the monochromatic colour palette. It is very effective. You've also done an excellent job balancing the layout with the green bars partially framing the image.

    Check the dimensions of your poster. It was to be 11" X 17" and yours does not look tall enough. It needs to be exact if it is to be chosen.

    As for your blog posting arrrrgh! Could you please use capitals? See your rubric for the details on typos. Using "i" really detracts from your credibility.

    ReplyDelete